Texas Red Chilli Recipe
We’re currently trying out the Atkins diet (which doesn’t really feel like a diet at all! The issue we have is that there are a list of allowed and not allowed foods so we’re having to be inventive with breakfast and lunch. Dinner, however, is no trouble at all. This Texas Red Chilli recipe ticks all the boxes with the Atkins diet. We’ve served this with some sour cream and turnip chips!
Ingredients for Texas Red Chilli Recipe
- 500g of Stewing steak (the cheapest you can find)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x Onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 fresh tomatos (chopped)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet chilli Pepper (chopped)
- 1 heap tbsp chilli powder (adjust this to taste)
- 1 heap tbsp paprika
- 1 heap tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 700ml water
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Method for Texas Red Chilli Recipe
- Gently fry garlic and onions until the onions are soft
- Turn up the heat a little and add the meat until it’s turned brown.
- Add everything else except the water.
- When it’s all mixed up well slowly add the water.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for about 2 hours – keep and eye on the water and add more if required.
Be warned – this is HOT!
Categories: Atkins Friendly Recipes