This is an awesome recipe – really cheap, easy and full of flavour. We served this with Thai Potato Cakes and Thai Sticky rice. The whole meal took about an hour (I’m sure it could be done far quicker. If you’re doing this as a whole meal, then put the fish and sticky rice on first, they’ll cook away without any intervention for 30 minutes. Then fry the potato cakes 20 mins before serving.
So here’s the recipe:-
- 2 bits of fish (we used really cheap frozen cod cake things but you can use any white fish you like)
- 1 red chilli (chopped small)
- 1 good knob of ginger (chopped up small – about the size of your thumb)
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- 2 tablespooks of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
Nice and easy this one,
– Put the fish side by side on a large square of foil
– Mix up the chopped ingredients and spread over the fish
– Pour on the soy sauce and lemon juice.
– Wrap the parcels so there’s enough room at the top of the parcel for the steam to circulate.
Put in the oven on 190 for about 30 min’s. It will come out flavour-filled and divinely succulent.