- Great cooking & kitchen tips
- New recipes & ideas
- Articles from top chef's and bloggers
- Interact with other foodies
Looking around, there are loads of ways of doing this, the most basic involves chucking an egg into a wok and stirring it until it looks pretty cooked, then add some pre-cooked boiled (or steamed rice).
Tip 1: Refrigerated rice doesn’t stick.
Tip 2: Steamed rice has a wonderful texture – just chuck a load of rice in a steamer, make some holes and steam for about 25 mins (I’ve struggled to over cook this so don’t worry too much about the time)
So! For egg fried rice my stylie try this:-
2 x eggs
a couple of coffee cups of cooked rice
a dash of oil
a medium sized chopped onion (optional)
2 x chopped garlic cloves (optional)
a small handful of peas (optional)
a dash or 2 of soy sauce (to taste)
1. First, cook the onion and garlic together for about 5 mins or until the onion has gone translucent.
2. Add the egg and stir for about 3-5 mins until it looks cooked.
3. Turn it up a bit and add the rice and stif fry until it’s cooked through.
4. Add the peas, soy sauce and serve – yumyum!Categories: Chinese Recipes