Calories: 333 kcal per serving
Vegetable casserole has to be one of the quickest and easiest meals for school night.
Also it’s an absolute winner for both calories and nutrition.
This recipe is a simple winter vegetable casserole with my favorite ingredient – sweet potato.
- 2 onions (cut each into 6 wedges)
- 3 carrots (cut into chunky pieces)
- 3 celery sticks (again – chunky pieces)
- 400 g sweet potato (cut into chunks as above)
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 leeks (sliced)
- 400g tin chick peas
- 400g tin haricot or kidney beans
- 2 tsp oregano (or a different herb of your choice)
- salt and pepper
1. Add everything to a pan and bring to the boil on the stove
2. Cover and put in the oven on 180 dec C for an hour
Serve with crusty bread…nice 🙂
Tip: Top with cheese if you’re not worried about the calories!
image courtesy of http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/