I fancied something different for lunch but didn’t have much time so I put together some principles from a couple of different recipes and luckily came up with something that worked!! It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook, so perfect for a post-party snack or quick and easy lunch.
Serves: 1 hungry dude for lunch
- 1 x courgette (grated with a cheese grater)
- 2 tbsp garam flour
- 1 tsp each fennel seeds and cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp each dried corriander, turmeric, hot chilli powder and cumin (yes, I love cumin)
- Salt to taste
- Put everything in a mixing bowl, mix it up and wait about 10 minutes for the liquid to soak out of the courgette.
- Your mixture should be sticky enough for you to make little round cakes. If it’s too dry add water a teaspoon at a time. If it’s too wet add more flour a teaspoon at a time.
- Taste the mixture – add spice and seasoning until it’s to your taste.
- Shallow fry in the oil of your choice (I used rape seed oil) for about 2.5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.