I found this recipe from those folks over at Endless Simmer. It’s a very easy sauce to make, takes about 5 minutes and brings a lot of flavour. This recipe was enough for 24 large ravioli.
I made this last night to complement some amazing aubergine and mozzarella ravioli that we bought from Ocado. We served it with a simple salad and a grating of parmesan to finish.
I personally feel a slice or two of garlic bread would have really finished it off…next time.
- 60ml/ (1/4 cup) of white wine
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put white wine, lemon juice, garlic, shallot and thyme in a small saucepan
- On medium heat, simmer until the wine is reduced by about half
- Add the butter a little at a time – add more butter if you are looking for a creamier, more buttery sauce.
- Season with salt and add pepper to taste
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, coat and serve