Cauli puree served with green beans and casserole
This recipe is genuinely out of this world. Mind blowing in its simplicity and packing such a flavour punch.
I found the recipe on the Top Chefs website, all of the ingredients (including liquids) are weighed which I found a little off putting at first, but it really does make sense doing it this way – it’s much quicker and makes less washing up!
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 100g Water
- 85g Unsalted butter
- 3.5g Salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cut the cauli into 3cm slices, break off the florettes and put in a pan
- Weigh out the Water, unsalted butter and salt (you can do this one after another using the same container) and add to the pan
- Turn the pan on high to get the liquid steaming, then reduce to medium heat.
- Steam until cauliflower is tender and there is just a little water left (check regularly)
- Blend using an immersion blender, adding lemon juice a bit at a time and tasting (I ended up using the whole lemon).