This recipe is shocking…it actually tastes like regular mayonnaise! I was expecting it be a pretty rough alternative, but we’ve just made a batch to go with our lunch and it’s 100% on point. It’s also inexpensive and super-easy to make which always a bonus.
- 125ml unsweetened soy milk
- 250ml rapeseed oil (or another light tasting oil)
- 1tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar (or sugar)
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put everything except the oil in a container (I used a huge cup I was given for Easter).
- Blend for about a minute with an immersion blender
- Whilst blending, drizzle a thin stream of oil in until it’s all gone.
- Make sure soy milk and oil are at the same temperature before starting.
- If it gets too thick, add a little more soy milk
- If it’s too thin add more oil
- If you add some crushed garlic, you’ll have a crude vegan aIoli