- Great cooking & kitchen tips
- New recipes & ideas
- Articles from top chef's and bloggers
- Interact with other foodies
This something I threw together for valentines day. I had just started shopping and they called ‘last orders’ so I had to leg it round the supermarket and grab what I hoped were complimentary ingredients for a valentines dinner. As it turned out it worked! More luck that judgement I can assure you.
As usual, it’s very scientific:-
1. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and sear the lamb for about 5-10 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
2. Bake in the oven on about 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
3. When the lamb goes in, heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic – saute for about 5 minutes
4. Add the stock, rosemary, jelly, wine and bring to the boil
5. Chuck in the flour paste, reduce the heat and stir for a couple of minutes.
6. Remove the lamb neck fillets from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
7. Slice the fillets and arrange on the plate, then spoon the sauce over the top.
I served this with mange tout, new potatoes and baby corn – simple, but filled with flavour.Good Old English Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipe