Simple Egg Drop Chicken Soup Recipe
Mandy’s got a cold, and there is nothing more comforting, in my opinion, than chicken soup, so here’s the recipe:-
- 1 Litre chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- half a leek – chopped
- 20g cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- gently fry the garlic and ginger in the sesame oil for about 4 minutes
- Put the cornflour in a glass and slowly add a little stock and stir to make a paste, add about 50ml more until you have a liquid consistency – set this aside for later.
- Add the rest of the stock to the ginger and garlic and bring to the boil.
- Add the leaks
- Whisk the eggs and a bit at a time add it to the boiling stock – keep stirring the stock in the same direction until the egg solidifies.
Categories: Chinese Recipes