Ok, the first thing to say is that this is not an authentic kofte kebab recipe. I had a pack of minced beef that was due to expire so put this dish together based on the wealth of information out there and a wing and a prayer! Interestingly it turned out really well!
Ingredients for beef kofte kebab
- 1lb (500g) Minced beef
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 thumb ginger (chopped very small)
Beef Kofte Kebab Recipe Method
- Mix everything up in a bowl
- Press the mixture around kebab skewers (see video below)
- Grill for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally
We served this with potato wedges and salad and sour cream in pitta.
Below is a video that shows how to form a kebab, the lady (who I love!) shows you how to do it with a kebab skewer, and a common eating knife – a great bit of education.