Chicken Pasanda Recipe
A nice and easy curry that’s just yummy:-
- Oil (vegetable)
- 2 onions – chopped
- 1 tsp cinamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 cardamon pods (husks removed – seeds retained)
- 2 inch lump of fresh ginger (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 5 tablespoons Greek-style full cream yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon tomato purée
- 2 tbl spoons of ground almonds
- 500ml hot water
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
1. Heat oil and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
2. Chuck in the cardamon and dry spices (corianda, chilli powder, turmeric) and fry for another 5 mins
3. You might need to add a little more oil at this point – play it by ear.
4. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for another 5 minutes or so.
5. Add yogart about a table spoon at a time
6. Add the tomato puree, almonds and then stir in the water and bring to the boil.
7. Add the chicken and simmer for about 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked (if you need to add more water then do so).
The end result should be a creamy sauce that tastes amazing! Serve with fluffy steamed rice.