Easy Low Calorie Beef Stew Recipe
Low Calorie Beef Stew Serves: 4
Calories in Low Calorie Beef Stew: 239 kcal per serving
Why low calorie beef stew? Having switched my eating to an intermittent fasting style, I now have a huge challenge to source recipe’s and food that are extremely low in calories but which leave me feeling full and satisfied. Challenging as this is, it has pushed me outside of my comfort zone and forced me to experiment with a whole variety of foods and vegetables.
To my surprise I have found a low calorie beef stew recipe that actually has under 250 calories!! Yes, you heard right – a no compromise, hearty, warming low calorie beef stew recipe that tastes amazing. Add to this a small amount of steamed potatoes and a fat pile of brocolli, asparagus and/ or sugar snap peas and you have a meal that is under 450 calories and will leave you stuffed and satisfied for the whole evening.
Ingredients for a Low Calorie Beef Stew Recipe
- 400g Lean Casserole steak (640 kcal)
- 1 big onion chopped into big chunks (63 kcal)
- 300g Carrots halved and halved again (100 kcal)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes (72 kcal)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree (26 kcal)
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (20 kcal)
- Beef Stock cube – crumbled (35 kcal)
- 2 tbsp dried herbs of your choice (I used Oregano and Marjoram – 1 tbsp of each)
- optional: 1 x Bay Leaf, 1 tsp Chilli Powder, 12 whole peppercorns
Low Calorie Beef Stew Recipe Method
You’re going to like this!
- Add all ingredients to a big pan
- Cover with water
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce is nice and thick (approx 1.5hrs)
I generally serve this beef stew with some greens and a small portion of potato’s. Green’s have almost no calories so you can have a massive pile to fill up on. Enjoy this recipe, I hope it helps you to feast on fast days 🙂