This is another great recipe. Must be prepared in advance (because of the marinade) but incredibly tasty and very impressive as a part of a buffet or as a main meal.
This great indian recipe is similar in concept the the Indian Whole Chicken Recipe (which also works with chicken pieces), however, this sauce is less sweet and more spicy.
Recipe: Curried Chicken Pieces
Summary: This is similar in method to the Indian Whole Chicken recipe, but the flavour is less sweet. Another great recipe though.
- 8 chicken thighs (or drumsticks)
- 250g Yogurt
- 2 thumbs of ginger (crushed or finely chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp corriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- A little vegetable oil
- Combine everything except the chicken and oil to make the curry paste/ marinade
- Marinade the chicken for up to 24 hours (the longer the better)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the oil in a baking tray and place in the oven whilst heats up
- Add the chicken to the baking tray and cook for 25 minutes basting occasionally.
- Put the remaining sauce in a jug to use as gravy
- Serve with rice or naan.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4