This is a weekday meal so, by it’s nature, it has to be quick and easy. You can make the filling (or the whole pie) ahead of time if it’s easier.
This recipe is warming and very peppery!
If you wanted to bulk it out a bit you could add carrots (this would sweeten it) or potatoes.
Perfect for a winter night.
- 500g puff pastry (home made or shop bought)
- 350g Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2.5 tbsp plain flour
- about 300ml vegetable stock
- Dash of wine
- 0.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use a lot of pepper!!)
- Fry onion and garlic on a medium until onion is slightly caramelized
- Add the mushrooms, some salt and cook for about 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Stir in the flour and rosemary, continue stiring for a few minutes
- Add wine, balsamic vinegar and stock slowly. Stir in and bring to the boil for a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Now you can make your pie!