Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
We’re on a nutrition kick at the moment having been ill for what seems like forever! Sweet potato curry seems like a great choice, a lot of indian spices have amazing healing and nutritional benefits so this sweet potato curry recipe really hits the nail on the head for lunch. Here’s what you need for sweet potato curry!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 diced broccoli stalks (optional)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 inch square fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1tsp each of chilli powder, cumin, turmeric, garam masala, cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp hing/ asofetida
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250ml vegetable stock
Method for Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until the onion is soft
- Add the dry spices and fry for a couple of minutes to release the aroma
- Next stir in the tomato puree and add the stock. Heat until it simmers.
- Add the sweet potato and simmer for about 15 mins.